Creating Connections in the Arctic Educational Science Community (ConnectED)
What is ConnectED?
The project aims to create connections between early career scholars and researchers across the Arctic by organising a series of researcher visits. The visiting teams will include a doctoral student or early career scholar and senior researcher. The visit programmes will consist of e.g. guest lectures, participation to mentoring discussions with the doctoral students of the host university, and visits to local schools or other relevant places. After each visit, the hosting and visiting teams will analyse the visit and their learning results in a blog post. In the end of project, the partners will collect tips and best practice of organising researcher visits, and it will be published in a visual form in the network website.
The project milestones are:
- detailed planning of the researcher team visits,
- implementing the visits, and
- evaluation and summarising the learning results.
The target audiences of the project are doctoral students and early career scientists, senior researchers, partner universities and the Arctic educational science community.
- the University of the Faroe Islands (project lead institution)
- University of Lapland
- University of Alaska Anchorage
- UiT The Arctic University of Norway
- University of Aberdeen
- University of Prince Edward Island
- University of Iceland
The University of the Faroe Islands